Thursday, June 8, 2017

Things My Third Graders Say v. 19

kid: silly duck
me:aren't you a silly moose
kid: oh yea!! I'm a silly moose

kid: thank you miss. teacher
me: thank you mr. moose

kid: why must you make it difficult
me: it's my job
kid: you need a new job

me: album---al-bum
kid: like this bum
me: yes
kid: my new favorite word!
me: happen...how did this happen
kid: yeah....ms. benjamin how did this happen?

kid 1: why is monday a school day
kid 2: yeah i wish it were next monday and pesach already
kid 3: whoa whoa - I have chametz to eat still!

kid: math plus ms. benjamin equals math centers! 

kid: hehe wisdom means smart but the word dumb is in it

kidL when you write the word shut on the computer the i really shouldn't be close to the u

kid 1: why is this so sticky
kid 2: it's a sticky note what do you expect?
kid: ok boss
me: so that's what you call me know?
kid: yup!

me: tomorrow is pj day! 
kid 1: i don't sleep in clothes
me: please wear clothes tomorrow
kid 2: remind me to never sleep at his house!

kid: the only bad thing is they hunted mooses
me: you know that's not a word
kid: ok they hunted sheep
me: nope not how that one works

me: queen zelda...
kid: that's a video game
me: just no

me: what do you next
kid: you take the thingy mathingy and the thingy thingy thing 
me: can you be more specific 
kid: the thingy and thingy...?
kid 1: school is almost over it's a miracle
kid 2: it happens once a day it's not a miracle

me: can we clean this place up - it's a pig sty!
kid: that's not kosher

me: you need to share 7 brownies with 4 friends
kid: just throw 3 out?

me: that cannot be your claim.
kid: what about "i declare that there should be people who play...with a moose?"
me: no

ms. beker: why is he doing your work?
kid: i outsourced it!

me: that is not how almost fourth graders act
kid: we're still third graders and your students for two weeks!

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the laugh! Kids are so funny. My 6 year old just asked me the other day why I didn't have him and his younger brother at the same time. I asked "You mean, why are you not twins?' He said "Yes. Didn't you think of that when you started having kids?" I explained how it all worked and his reply was simply, "You mean you don't get to pick?!" Oh, how I love the innocence!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Lovely post Tamar, kids say some funny things :) Thanks for hosting.

Tom said... {Reply}

...wisdom from the mouths of babes.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are always so funny! I will miss them over the summer break!

Sunshine and Elephants said... {Reply}

OMG, this is hilarious...and it took me 3 or 4 types to type hilarious because I'm laughing so much! I really needed this! Thanks for making my morning brighter! :) Oh...and you should send this in to Ellen!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Kids crack me up!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Hilarious. Is this one kid who is obsessed with mooses... um, moose? Meese?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Children say the cutest and most innocent things! My son loved Roal Dahl book when he was young--now my oldest grandson is reading those books!

Jeanna said... {Reply}

There were some real gems in there, but I have to remember "That's not kosher." Still chuckling.

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Oh, these are precious! :)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said... {Reply}

Kids are the best!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

They are cute at that age. It is when they older, lol.

Ida said... {Reply}

So funny. This one was my favorite:

kidL when you write the word shut on the computer the i really shouldn't be close to the u

I almost made that same mistake the other day, caught it just in time before I hit the send button.